I just found this entry into my diary from Oct 2008. What is most fascinating to me is the lack of any mention of having babies. I really *have* been working to accomplish these goals. Perhaps I need a new dream list for the new Obama years.
1. I dream that Barack Obama will be president
2. I dream of a man who wants to spend the whole first year in bed, dreaming, traveling and eating good foods at small cafes.
3. I dream of taking care of children and stray dogs that were abandoned by their mothers and need some refuge.
4. I dream of being a leader and speaking only of kindness. I am strong and even-keeled, because I know I have something safe to come back to.
5. I dream of being a professor at a small college who has a small research budget and a couple of undergrads. The campus is quiet with a nice library.6. I dream of having beehives in my backyard.7. I dream of visiting Poland and my relatives, and spending time at an ashram while learning Polish.8. I dream of doing Peace Corps for two years with my dog and my husband, and living in a place that is nearly 2 hours from … anything. I will speak some exotic language fluently.